We are pleased to announce our next release v0.8.0.
The new release is mainly dedicated to improving the stability of the testnet. The following improvements have been included in this release:
- Oracle fine-tuning:
- Refunding the oracle query fee when the oracle does not answer on time. This impacts consensus.
- Adding the possibility to extend the time-to-live of an oracle. This impacts consensus.
- Fine-tuned coinbase transaction by including block height in to make its hash unique in the chain. This impacts consensus.
- Fine-tuned the Naming System user API, by ceasing the resolving name in revoke period.
- Enriched user API re unsigned transactions by returning its transaction hash so to enable querying it.
- Enriched WebSocket user API by tagging request-response.
- Enhanced contract creation user API by returning the address of the contract to be created (#800).
- Enriched user API by adding functionality for getting a transaction by hash. This works both for transactions already included in a block as well as pending transactions.
- Optimized memory usage of cache within naming system and oracles. This impacts the persisted DB.
- Optimized memory usage when launching mining.
- Refactored transaction-related internals. This impacts the persisted DB.
We have also started to implement parts of the Kademlia peer discovery algorithm to make peer-to-peer node discovery more efficient. In addition to this, we are working on an additional security layer for node-to-node communication that will be based on the Noise Protocol Framework which will significantly improve the overall security of the system.
As usual, you are more than welcome to point out our stupidity (or brilliance!) by submitting questions or comments on the dedicated GitHub issues page.